1. We call the international community and justice loving people around the world to observe the date of 29 November assigned as the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
2. This date, which was chosen because of its meaning and significance to the Palestinian people, is based on the call by the United Nations General Assembly for an annual observance of the resolution on the partition of Palestine.
3. This day has become known as the Partition Plan or the Resolution 181 , intended to establish an Arab State and a Jewish State, and was adopted on 29 November 1947.
4. Pursuant to General Assembly resolution 32/40 B of 2 December 1977, the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is observed annually on or around 29 November, solemnly commemorating the adoption by the Assembly, on 29 November 1947, of resolution 181 (II), which provided for the partition of Palestine into two States.
It is a commemoration observed by all centers of the UN.
5. This is an opportune moment to reaffirm a united stand on the Palestinian issue from members of the UN.
All related events conducted on the occassion like the special meetings at which statements on the question of Palestine are issued and cultural events are staged should rally people around the world to support the Palestinian cause.
6. The United Nations General Assembly undertakes its annual debate on the question of Palestine.
The International Day of Solidarity traditionally provides an opportunity for the international community to focus its attention on the fact that the question of Palestine remains unresolved and that the Palestinian people have yet to attain their inalienable rights as defined by the General Assembly, namely, the right to self-determination without external interference, the right to national independence and sovereignty, and the right to return to their homes and property, from which they have been displaced.
7. The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People should be the clarion call for the international community not only to support the Palestinian cause but to realise the need for an affective action to reclaim their rights as an independent nation.
8. We observe this day as a commitment to extend our firm solidarity and to also refresh our international campaign to achieve the ultimate goal of liberating Palestine for the Palestinian people.
9. We strongly condemn the ongoing atrocities inflicted on the people of Palestinians. The new Jews settlement and the daily assault on Palestians homes and properties are clear evidences of violations of international law and human rights.
10. The targetting of Palestinian lands and enclaves have become the unstoppable abuses by the israeli occupation forces , committed by manipulating laws which are aimed to legitimize the occupation.
11. Solidarity with the Palestinian People must be translated into impactful pressure on the israel occupation to withdraw from all the Palestinian lands. The decades of oppression and illegal intrusions on Palestinan land must be halted by enforcing all the resolutions of the UN.
12. We deplore the prevalence of violation of international laws and the escalation of assaults on the people of Palestine in Gaza strip and the West Bank.
13. The more than 70 years of occupation by the israeli zionist colonialization on Palestine is only possible because it solicited support from the western imperialist powers especially the UK and the US.
14. It is from the colluding imperialist powers that have strenghthened israeli expansionist agenda to brutally oppressed the Palestinians.
15. We condemn the latest Israeli approval of the construction of 372 new settlement units in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
Expanding the illegal settlements in the heart of the old city of Hebron cannot be accepted.
This is a provocative move, came just a few days after the Israeli approval of building 11,000 units on the site of the old Qalandia Airport in East Jerusalem, also known as the Jerusalem International Airport.
16. We also condemn Israeli President Isaac Herzog’s visit to the settlement to celebrate Hanukkah, where he lit the festival’s candle at the Ibrahimi Mosque.
17. Official figures state that more than 600,000 Israeli Jewish settlers live in about 140 settlements approved by the Israeli government and around 145 settlement outposts unapproved by the Israeli government in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.
The settlements are considered a violation of international law by most of the international community
18. We regret the incapacitated UN that has become toothless and useless in advancing and enforcing the myriad of resolutions pertaining to the plight pf the Palestinians.
19. The advancing normalization deal by several Arab nations with israel is a proof of the meaningless declaration of solidarity with the Palestinian people by some Arab leaders. It is by now no more than just rethorics.
20. The daily brutalities of inhuman persecutions akeen to a full fledge genocide is witnessed by the world without any serious action to end the crime.
21. The slogan for solidarity slogan is relevent only if there is an effective measure to dismantle the occupation.
The UN General Assembly that adopted the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People should not stop at only a declaration. All resolutions at the UN must be followed up with firm action.
22. We call on the OIC to translate all its resolutions related to Palestine. It should reject the normalization deal that some of Arab leaders have inclined to engage with israel.
23. We urge the ASEAN Secretariate to respect the rights of the Palestinian and reject the apartheid israel as a legitimate country.
Mohd Azmi Abdul Hamid
Cordinator Asean People’s Advocacy for Palestine
Datuk Seri Syekh Ahmad Awang
Chairman, Alliance of World Mosques in Defence of Al Aqsa
Datuk Wira Abdul Ghani Samsudin
Chairman Secretariate for Ulama Assembly of Asia
Mohideen Abdul Kader
Chairman , Citizens International