BlogNewsPress Release

2ND ATTACK ON GANJA IS BARBARIC

We strongly condemn the second recent barbaric attack on the Ganja city of Azerbaijan in the Armeni-Azerbaijan conflict.

At least 13 civilians – including two children – have been killed and more than 40 wounded in an attack on Azerbaijan’s second city of Ganja that Baku said was carried out by Armenia.

Malaysian group slams Armenian attack on Ganja
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/azerbaijan-front-line/malaysian-group-slams-armenian-attack-on-ganja/2010534

This cannot be accepted as collateral damage of war as the attack is deliberate and targeted on civilians.

The attack was executed without considering the impact on civilians. Those responsible for the killing and badly injuring people in their sleep in a sharp escalation of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict must be held accountable.

UN cannot delay in intervening in the conflict as the war is escalating by the day.

The “more than 20 houses were destroyed” in the attack is war crime.

Any excuse of not able to identify civilian homes cannot be accepted.

The attack on Ganja, which has a population of more than 300,000 people, came only six days after a missile struck another residential part of the city, killing 10 civilians and leaving many on edge.

Armenia’s defence ministry spokesperson’s claims, Ganja is a military target because of [the presence of] some military units, battalions and brigades and some defence industry factories,” Koseoglu said.

In other words Armenia has intentionally targeted the city irrespect whether it will endanger civilians.

Since October 4, Ganja has been targeted by rockets and ballistic missiles. These land in residential areas and the city centre, the most crowded dense residential areas.

Armenia cannot deny that its attacks have been random and it has committed war crimes and massacre of civilians.

We cannot accept the world to be silent on the atrocity.

Armenia is acting recklessly which is now under intense pressure, having lost control of some territory it has controlled since the 1994 ceasefire to Azerbaijan.

We believe in peace negotiation. But the attacks on civilian must not be tolerated.

Now Armenia is accusing Azerbaijan of taking this territory militarily rather than the negotiations over which both sides agreed to take.

However the debate must be in line with the international recognition that the Nagorno – Karabakh is not a disputed territory. It is a territory of Azerbaijan.

The Armenian forces went to war in the 1990s over Nagorno-Karabakh, a breakaway Azeri region predominantly populated and governed by ethnic Armenians.

We regret now more than 700 people, including nearly 80 civilians, have been killed in the conflict so far.

We reiterate that the UNSC must intervene before a full scale war will drag foreign powers to turn the conflict into further devastation.

Mohd Azmi Abdul Hamid
President Malaysia Consultative Council of Islamic Organizations ( MAPIM )

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button